Monday, March 4, 2019

Love of Reading week began today!


To recognize this special week we had a bit of a different Monday today!  Instead of math activities we began our day by buddy reading with each other.  During carpet time we enjoyed reading some stories and one of those stories was Dr Suess' Oh The Places You'll Go.

We spent time talking about why reading is so wonderful and brainstorming all different things that we can learn about when we read.  
We discussed this quote:

"The more that you
READ
The more things you'll
KNOW
The more that you
LEARN
The more places
YOU'LL GO!"

~Dr. Suess

When talking about why we like to read, here's what we said:

“I like reading because it helps you learn better.”  ~Olivia

“I like that every story comes with a happy ending.”  ~Elsa

“I like that pictures give us clues when I’m reading.”  ~Madeline

“I want to learn to read chapter books.”  ~Camryn

“I like to learn about sharks when I’m reading.”  ~Matthew

“Reading is fun!”  ~Owen

"I like to look at the pictures when I am reading.”   ~Ivy

“I  like stories a little bit before bedtime.  I read stories about bunnies and I like bunnies.”  ~Finn

“I like doing home reading because it’s so fun!”  ~Levi

“I like reading with my mom and my dad.”  ~Andrea

“I like to read with my mom at nighttime.”  ~Jojo

“I like to read because when you get bigger you can read to other people.”  ~Julianna

“I like to read because there’s lots of different books and they’re cool!”  ~Rory

“I like to read because it’s really fun because people can read it or you can read it.”  ~Margot

“I like to sound out the words.”  ~Cleo

“I like to read because it’s really interesting to see the words and the pictures.”  ~Hugo
   
“I like to read because I like to look at the pictures”  ~Elliott

“I like to read because it’s always fun.  I like to read at bedtime because my Mom helps me.”  ~Olivia

“I like to read books because I have time to stay up at night to read them.”  ~Pearl

“I like reading because I like when my Mom sounds out the words.”
~Alice

“I like reading because I get to learn new things like new people’s names.”  ~Magnus

“I like reading because I like reading to my Mommy and Dad and my little brother.  I also like reading because I get to learn new words.”
~George

“I like reading because you learn new things and you can get better and better and better at it and then you can read the whole class a book!”  ~Jack

“I like reading because it makes you smart and learn!”  ~Leo

“I like books because I can look at them for a long time and I can look at the paintings and I can ask my Mom to read it to me!”  ~William

“I like to when you read to me because I like the pictures and the details and all those stuff!”  ~Pablo

“I like reading because I like the pictures and I like when my Mom reads to me.”  ~Madison

“I like reading because I learn lots of different things.”  ~Allsion

“I like to read new stories.”  ~Arianna

“I like to read because I like when my Mom and Dad always read with me."  ~Hans

“I like when my brother teached me how to read and he reads me books at night sometimes” . ~Isla


Next we got to work on our school wide project...decorating our classroom door for Love of Reading week!

We drew things we like to read about and we made a hot air balloon inspired by the hot air balloons in Oh The Places You'll Go.

Our door looks great!

We even had to Drop Everything And Read (DEAR) today...and this will happen at various times through the week.

 
 
 

Happy Reading everyone!  Have a great week!

💖  Mrs. Seddon 💖






No comments:

Post a Comment